Cleantie is integrated with Stripe to process credit card transactions for walk-in customers and uses Stripe API to process card-on-file payments for App customers using the same Stripe merchant account.
Please note Stripe terminal is not supported at the moment. You can use Clover or Square terminals if you are interested in an integrated EMV terminal.
Stripe is available for businesses in 47 countries. Accept payments from anywhere in the world. Check the link below to make sure Stripe is supported in your region, https://stripe.com/global.
Follow the steps below to set up and configure your Stripe Account to process credit cards.
Setup Stripe Account
- Logon to https://stripe.com/ and setup your Stipe account.
- Add your Name, Address, Email, Bank Account details etc.
Connect Cleantie to Your Stripe Account
- Logon to pos.cleantie.com
- Select Admin -> Management -> Payment Settings -> Credit Card Gateways.
- If Stripe is not your default gateway, please contact our support to setup your default gateway.
- Select "Connect to your Square Account"
- You get redirected to Square's login screen
- Logon to your Square account, to authenticate, you then get redirected back to pos.cleantie.com
Pairing Your Stripe Terminal
At the moment we don't support any Stripe terminals. EMV Customer-facing terminals are only supported through Clover and Square. Support for the Stripe terminal is coming soon.
Setup Payment Types
- Select Admin -> Management -> Payment Settings -> Payment Types
- Enable the Online feature for credit cards and debit cards.
Setup Customer Card On File (COF)
- To save a credit card for COF customers, from the main menu, select checkin
- Select Edit customer profile.
- Make sure customer email is added to profile.
- Go to the Payment Tab, select the COF checkmark option, and enter the credit card number, expiry date, CVV, and Zip/Postal Code.
- Press Save.
Credit Card Processing Features
- Process credit and debit payments.
- Accept payments from customers directly inside Cleantie POS or Cleantie Customer app.
- Process credit card payments through Cleantie Batch Processing for the card on file automatically.
- Add Cash Discount to encourage your customers to pay cash
- Pass the fee on and eliminate Credit Card Fees Forever, and keep your business thriving.
- Sync payments to invoices.
- Run transactions directly on individual invoices.
- Email payment links to the customers.
- Send invoices attached with secure payment links.
- Automate payments with the Cleantie customer app.
- Give your customers the ability to view and pay off invoices at any time.
- PCI-compliance. Avoid costly compliance fees with the most secure payment system.
Cash Discount Option
- Increase the base prices by 3% to account for credit card fees. e.g. The price of wash & fold at $1.25 is inflated to $1.29.
- When a customer is paying by cash, the 3% Cash Discount is applied to reduce the price. The cash discount is printed on the invoice.
- When a customer is paying by credit card, an inflated price is applied.
Cleantie offers a very sophisticated payment processing feature that is used during Check-In for Pre-Payments, at Check-Out, or for customer account payments using Invoice Utilities. Except for a few minor exceptions, the process remains the same throughout.
Cleantie processes Credits for manual and Card On File transactions. On the tender screen, select credit card and follow these steps below:
- Press Submit Payment to process the transaction.
- The transaction is submitted to your stripe account.
- Upon successful authorization, an approval code appears on the tender screen.
- If you like to enter the credit card manually, from the terminal drop-down, select 'Enter Card Manually' Option.
- Enter the card number, expiry date, zip/postal code, and Press Submit Payment.
- If the customer has a card on file, the credit card details are auto-filled. Select Submit Payment to process COF.