Cleantie POS or Customer App is not available in the Clover App Market. Instead, Cleantie POS uses Clover's Semi Integration through Cloud Pay Display to process credit card transactions on Clover's Flex or Clover Mini terminal devices for walk-in customers and uses Clover's eCommerce API to process card-on-file payments for App customers using the same Clover merchant account.
Please note Clover Station Duo does not support Cleantie POS at this time. You don't need Clover Flex or Clover Mini to process credit card payments for App customers. Clover Flex or Clover Mini is only used for walk-in customers. Cleantie POS works across PCs, tablets, and Mac computers.
Follow the steps below to setup and configure your Clover Account to process credit cards.
Credit Card Processing Features
- Process credit and debit payments.
- Accept payments from customers directly inside Cleantie POS or Cleantie Customer App.
- Add tip automatically through Cleantie POS to process on Clover.
- Add Cash Discount to process on Clover (Coming soon)
- Sync payments to invoices.
- Run transactions directly on individual invoices.
- Email payment links to customers.
- Send invoices attached with secure payment links.
- Automate payments with Cleantie customer app.
- Give your customers the ability to view and pay off invoices at any time.
- PCI-compliance. Avoid costly compliance fees with the most secure payment system.
Connecting Your Clover Account
In order to have your Clover merchant account connected to Cleantie App, you need the following:
- Merchant Name: Your business name
- Merchant Id: Your Clover Merchant id e.g XXXXGK2HR2G1
- Your Clover merchant account login credentials
Connect Cleantie to Your Clover Account
- logon to your Cleantie account pos.cleantie.com
- If you don't have a Cleantie account, signup for a 14-Day Free Cleantie Trial account.
- Select Admin -> Management -> Payment Settings -> Credit Card Gateways
- Select "Connect to your Clover Account"
- You get redirected to Clover's login screen
- Logon to your Clover account, to authenticate,
- Go to Accounts & Setup -> Devices.
- You should be able to see your Clover device and assign a meaningful name to your device. e.g Station 1 Flex , Station 2 Flex etc.
- Select More Tools -> Installed Apps
- Search for Cloud Pay Display and Cleantie Apps.
- On the app's details page, click Connect.
- On the confirmation modal, click Accept.
- The app is automatically downloaded and installed on your device.
- Go to your Clover Device and make sure Cloud Display App is installed and running.
- Once you are done, log out, and you then get redirected back to pos.cleantie.com
Pairing Your Clover Flex Terminal
- If you have Clover Device, the device will be listed under active devices.
- Select option 'Enable Payments via Flex'
- Press Save Changes
Run Clover Device as standalone
To exit Cleantie App to run Clover device as a standalone terminal, touch and hold all four corners of the screen and pinch towards the center.
Setup Cleantie Payment Types
- Select Admin -> Management -> Payment Settings -> Payment Types
- Enable Online feature for credit cards and debit card.
Setup Customer Card On File (COF)
- To save a credit card for COF customers, from the main menu, select check in
- Select Edit customer profile.
- Make sure customer email is added to profile.
- Go to the Payment Tab, select the COF checkmark option, and enter credit card number, expiry date, CVV, and Zip/Postal Code.
- As soon as the card is saved on file, a consent email notification is sent to the user.
- Press Save.
Cleantie offers a very sophisticated payment processing feature that is used during Check-In for pre-payments, at Check-Out or for customer account payments using Invoice Utilities. Except for a few minor exceptions, the process remains the same throughout.
Cleantie processes credit/debit and Gift Cards for manual and Card-On-File transactions. On the tender screen, select credit card and follow the steps below:
- If your system is equipped with at least one Clover Flex terminal, it is automatically selected.
- Press Submit Payment to process the transaction.
- The transaction is submitted to your selected Clover Flex terminal and the user is prompted to make the payment on the device.
- Upon successful authorization, an approval code appears on the tender screen.
- If you like to enter the credit card manually, from the terminal drop-down, select the 'Enter Card Manually' Option.
- Enter the card number, expiry date, and Press Submit Payment.
- If the customer has a card on file, the credit card details is auto-filled. Select Submit Payment to process COF.
Cleantie allows merchants to add tips to their invoices. The Tips option must be enabled in the Clover Dashboard. Log in to your Clover account and navigate to Account Setup->Business Operations->Tips. Turn on the Tips option.
In Cleantie, on the Tender Screen, select the tip icon (the gift icon at the bottom of the screen), then enter the tip.
Cash Discount Option
- Cleantie supports the Cash Discount feature in Clover, which is to allow merchants to charge extra for credit card transactions.
- To set a cash discount, go to Admin, Management -> Payment Gateway -> Clover, and enter the Cash Discount Amount.
- During the payment process, from the tender screen, select the Cash Discount option.
- Please note Cash Discount Value may be printed As Tip on the customer's receipt. We are working with Clover development to allow custom text to be printed.
Cleantie Clover Flex Integration Video
Watch the Clover Flex integration video to learn how to use Clover Flex in Cleantie. The video walks you through the step-by-step process of payment, refund, adding tips to your order, etc.