Cleantie POS or Customer App is not available in the Clover App Market. Instead, Cleantie POS uses Clover's Semi Integration through Cloud Pay Display to process credit card transactions on Clover's Flex or Clover Mini terminal devices for walk-in customers and uses Clover's eCommerce API to process card-on-file payments for App customers using the same Clover merchant account.
Please note Cleantie does not support Clover Station Duo or Clover Mini attached to Clover station. Cleantie POS works across PCs, tablets, and Mac computers.
Clover is live in multiple countries and expanding. The current markets include:
- United States (US) and Canada
- United Kingdom (UK)
- Republic of Ireland (ROI)
Credit Card Processing Features
- Process credit and debit payments.
- Accept payments from customers directly inside Cleantie POS or Cleantie Customer App.
- Add tip automatically through Cleantie POS to process on Clover.
- Process credit card payments through Cleantie Batch Processing for the card on file automatically.
- Add Cash Discount to encourage your customers to pay cash
- Pass the fee on and eliminate Credit Card Fees Forever, and keep your business thriving.
- Sync payments to invoices.
- Run transactions directly on individual invoices.
- Email payment links to customers.
- Send invoices attached with secure payment links.
- Automate payments with the Cleantie customer app.
- Give your customers the ability to view and pay off invoices at any time.
- PCI-compliance. Avoid costly compliance fees with the most secure payment system.
Follow the steps below to set up and configure your Clover Account to process credit cards:
Connecting Your Clover Account
In order to have your Clover merchant account connected to Cleantie App, you need the following:
- Merchant Name: Your business name
- Merchant Id: Your Clover Merchant id e.g XXXXGK2HR2G1
- Your Clover merchant account login credentials
Connect Cleantie to Your Clover Account
- Login to your Cleantie account pos.cleantie.com
- If you don't have a Cleantie account, signup for a 14-Day Free Cleantie Trial account.
- Select Admin -> Management -> Payment Settings -> Credit Card Gateways
- Select "Connect to your Clover Account"
- You get redirected to Clover's login screen
- Login to your Clover account, to authenticate,
- Go to Accounts & Setup -> Devices.
- You should be able to see your Clover device and assign a meaningful name to your device. e.g Station 1 Flex, Station 2 Flex, etc.
- Select More Tools -> Installed Apps
- Search for Cloud Pay Display and Cleantie Apps.
- On the app's details page, click Connect.
- On the confirmation modal, click Accept.
- The app is automatically downloaded and installed on your device.
- Go to your Clover Device and make sure Cloud Display App is installed and running.
- Once you are done, log out, and you then get redirected back to pos.cleantie.com
Pairing Your Clover Flex Terminal
- If you have Clover Device, the device will be listed under active devices.
- Select option 'Enable Payments via Flex'
- Press Save Changes
Run Clover Device as standalone
To exit Cleantie App to run Clover device as a standalone terminal, touch and hold all four corners of the screen and pinch towards the center.
Setup Cleantie Payment Types
- Select Admin -> Management -> Payment Settings -> Payment Types
- Enable the Online feature for credit cards and debit cards if not set up already.
- If you are offering a Cash Discount, Enable the cash discount feature. This FREE program allows you to pass the fee on or accept cash payments. You will no longer pay the industry standard 3% fee, keeping your business thriving.
Setup Customer Card On File (COF)
- To save a credit card for COF customers, from the main menu, select check-in
- Select Edit customer profile.
- Make sure the customer email is added to the profile.
- Go to the Payment Tab, and enter your credit card number, expiry date, CVV, and Zip/Postal Code.
- As soon as the card is saved on file, a consent email notification is sent to the user.
- Press Save.
Cleantie offers a very sophisticated payment processing feature that is used during Check-In for pre-payments, at Check-Out, or for customer account payments using Invoice Utilities. Except for a few minor exceptions, the process remains the same throughout.
Cleantie processes credit/debit and Gift Cards for manual and Card-On-File transactions. On the tender screen, select credit card and follow the steps below:
- If your system is equipped with at least one Clover Flex terminal, it is automatically selected.
- Press Submit Payment to process the transaction.
- The transaction is submitted to your selected Clover Flex terminal and the user is prompted to make the payment on the device.
- Upon successful authorization, an approval code appears on the tender screen.
- If you like to enter the credit card manually, from the terminal drop-down, select the 'Enter Card Manually' Option.
- Enter the card number and expiry date. Press Submit Payment.
- If the customer has a card on file, the credit card details are auto-filled. Select Submit Payment to process COF.
Cleantie allows merchants to add tips to their invoices. The Tips option must be enabled in the Clover Dashboard and in Cleantie Clover Account Settings. Log on to your Clover account and navigate to Account Setup->Business Operations->Tips. Turn on the Tips option.
To Enable tips in Cleantie go to Admin -> Management -> Payment Settings -> Credit Card Gateways -> Clover -> Enable Auto Tipping
When the tips option is enabled, the user is prompted to select the Tip amount automatically. The Tip amount is captured and added to Cleantie Transactions and printed on the invoice.
Cash Discount Option
- Increase the base prices by 3% to account for credit card fees. e.g. The price of wash & fold at $1.25 is inflated to $1.29.
- When a customer is paying by cash, the 3% Cash Discount is applied to reduce the price. The cash discount is printed on the invoice.
- When a customer is paying by credit card, an inflated price is applied.
Cleantie Clover Flex Integration Video
Watch the Clover Flex integration video to learn how to use Clover Flex in Cleantie. The video walks you through the step-by-step process of payment, refund, adding tips to your order, etc.