Cleantie is integrated with Square to process credit card transactions on Square terminal for walk-in customers and uses Square API to process card-on-file payments for App customers using the same Square merchant account.
Please note Cleantie does not support Square Station nor Square Reader, Cleantie processes credit card transaction through Square Terminal only. Cleantie POS works across PCs, tablets, and Mac computers.
Card payment acceptance with the Square is currently available in the US, Canada, Australia, Japan, the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, France, and Spain. Click here to see Cleantie in Square App Market
Follow the steps below to set up and configure your Square Account to process credit cards.
Setup Square Account
- Logon to https://squareup.com/ and setup your Square account.
- Add your Name, Address, Email, Bank Account details etc.
Connect Cleantie to Your Square Account
- Logon to pos.cleantie.com
- Select Admin -> Management -> Payment Settings -> Credit Card Gateways
- Select "Connect to your Square Account". (If unable to select Square as your default gateway, please contact email@example.com)
- You get redirected to Square's login screen
- Logon to your Square account, to authenticate, you then get redirected back to pos.cleantie.com
Pairing Your Square Terminal
- If you have Square Terminal, select Pair your Square Terminal
- The pairing pop-up screen appears with the device code. If 'Generating device code error' is shown, log on to your Square account to make sure your Square terminal is connected to your account.
- Proceed to next step once the device code is generated.
- Touch the top left corner with your finger, and slide to right.
- Select Settings -> Select Sign out, and select Sign in using the device code shown in Cleantie.
- Enter the device code from step 2.
- Once your device is paired with Cleantie, you should see Active Terminals listed with the device code.
Cleantie setup process is similar to connecting Square Terminal to Square Point of Sale. The following article might help too:
Setup Customer Card On File (COF)
- To save a credit card for COF customers, from the main menu, select checkin
- Select Edit customer profile.
- Make sure customer email is added to profile.
- Go to the Payment Tab, enter credit card number, expiry date, CVV, and Zip/Postal Code.
- As soon as the card is saved on file, a consent email notification is sent to the user.
- Press Save.
Credit Card Processing Features
- Process credit and debit payments.
- Accept payments from customers directly inside Cleantie POS or Cleantie Customer App.
- Process credit card payments through Cleantie Batch Processing for the card on file automatically.
- Add Cash Discount to encourage your customers to pay cash
- Pass the fee on and eliminate Credit Card Fees Forever, and keep your business thriving.
- Sync payments to invoices.
- Run transactions directly on individual invoices.
- Email payment links to customers.
- Send invoices attached with secure payment links.
- Automate payments with Cleantie customer app.
- Give your customers the ability to view and pay off invoices at any time.
- PCI-compliance. Avoid costly compliance fees with the most secure payment system.
Cash Discount Option
- Increase the base prices by 3% to account for credit card fees. e.g. The price of wash & fold at $1.25 is inflated to $1.29.
- When a customer is paying by cash, the 3% Cash Discount is applied to reduce the price. The cash discount is printed on the invoice.
- When a customer is paying by credit card, an inflated price is applied.
Cleantie offers a very sophisticated payment processing feature that is used during Check-In for Pre-Payments, at Check-Out, or for customer account payments using Invoice Utilities. Except for a few minor exceptions, the process remains the same throughout.
Cleantie processes Credit/Debit and Gift Cards for manual and Card On File transactions. In the tender screen, select credit card and follow these steps below:
- If your system is equipped with at least one Square terminal, it is automatically selected.
- Press Submit Payment to process the transaction.
- The transaction is submitted to your selected Square terminal and the user is prompted to make the payment on the device.
- Upon successful authorization, an approval code appears on the tender screen.
- If you like to enter the credit card manually, from the terminal drop-down, select 'Enter Card Manually' Option.
- Enter the card number, expiry date, zip/postal code, and Press Submit Payment.
- If the customer has a card on file, the credit card details is auto-filled. Select Submit Payment to process COF.