Please follow steps below to setup your own email account for sending invoices, reports and statements to your customers. using your own domain name email is more professional than using generic email.
Please note, TMS supports only secure email account, however due to increasing issues with Email Spamming also known as junk email, which is unsolicited messages sent in bulk by email, CSI is not able to support your own regular email account. If your email server is a secure email, you must find out the secure port for SSL authentication and configure TMS with the secure port. Most secure emails use port 587.
You may not be able to use public email account like Gmail, as they are considered Spam and get blocked. You may use Microsoft 365 account to send emails as documented below.
Logon to Godaddy to get a Microsoft Office 365 account for your own domain for as low as $3.99. Click here for additional information.
Process to setup your own Microsoft Office 365 account
- Setup an Office 365 account through Godaddy.
- Logon to TMS, go to Management, Management, Email configuration
- For SMTP Server enter smtp.office365.com
- For Port enter 587 and enable use SSL (To use SSL, you must use TMS 4.4.5x86 version)
- For Email Address enter your Office 365 email address
- For user name enter your Office 365 email address
- For Password enter your Office 365 account password.
- Setup your message interval time for sending the notification.
- Setup Attempt to send to 3
- Press Save.
Process to test your email settings
- Go to reports, transactions report. Cash summary report. Create the report.
- Click on Email me.
- If your email settings are correct, the report is sent successfully.