Inventory control procedures is to maximize profits, and reduce cost. Keeping control of your stocks helps our bottom line. Use discrepancy report to find out your true inventory and catch any errors or dishonest employee.
Discrepancy report refers to invoices that are not in your physical inventory but still in the system for whatever reason. It is very important to make sure your stock is correct to avoid any revenue lost. Dishonest staff might checkout orders, collect money and bypass checkout process.
Use this process to scan all orders on your conveyor and create the Discrepancy report of what orders are missing. Use wireless scanner to streamline the process. You may stop the process and save the file during scanning process, and restart at a later time.
This report can be sorted by Invoice#, customer name or Conveyor location.
To run this process, Select Reports -> Stock Report -> Select Discrepancy Report and follow steps below:
- Use the scanner and scan each invoice on the rack, conveyor, storage etc. As invoices are scanned in, they show up on the Verified Invoices Screen.
- If you like to take a break during scanning, press Exit, and you will be prompted to save the scanned invoices into a temp file. Upon your return, simply select Read from temp file option.
- Once you are done, select Create Discrepancy Report to view the report.
- This process takes few minutes.
- Upon completion, the discrepancy report is shown on the screen with inv#, in-date, customer and location of the order.
Please note, orders with OUT status, means they are checked out from the system by mistake. Use Invoice Utility; Restock option to put these orders back into inventory.
Any missing invoices must be investigated to find out the reason. Use Invoice Utility to view Trans list and history. History Tracking report for cancelled check out can help you to find out dishonest staff.
For additional information on how to run History tracking click here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.