Special edition of TMS called Garment Tracking System has to be purchased /upgraded that supports iAssemble and tracking tags.
The following section explains in detail the TMS settings and configurations that are related to Auto Assembly system.
To setup TMS to accept tracking tags, follow steps below:
- Go to Management -> System -> Schedule
- Select Schedule (e.g Tracking Tag) -> Tag Folder.
- Enable Pre-Printed Tracking Tag, and Auto Assembly System.
- You may wish to have a separate schedule for Auto Assembly garments, in case you would to use regular tags some times for some customers/orders.f you wish to print your own Tracking Tag using Zebra Printer with Thermal Patch Heat Seal Tags, then select Tracking Tag option. On Demand Printed Tracking Tags have customer’s name, item description. Pre-printed tracking tag only have a unique 8 digits barcode that is assigned to a specific garment. Pre-printed tracking tags are more economical, and much smaller. Customers would not even notice the tags.
- Select Invoice folder, and set Total Invoices to be printed to 1. When using iAssemble there is no need to carry the store invoice through the assembly process. As last garment is assembled, fresh, clean invoices is printed for bagging purpose.
- Disable Print Tag at checkin as you no longer need paper tags. Keep this option on, to print paper tags as backup, till you are comfortable with the process.
- Under invoice tab, disable option ‘Separate laundry invoice’
- Once Tracking Tag option is used, TMS allows only one item per invoice line. Multi qty is not allowed. If Assembly conveyor is used, then restrict total items per order.
- Select Misc in Schedule and enter ‘Max Items Per Invoice’.
Services have to set to allow Tracking Tags to be used . Go to Management -> system -> services -> select the service -> Enable Tracking Tag, also enable auto splitting.
Go to Management -> system options-> invoice tab, Enable Print Store id on barcode. This option must be on in order scan Assembly invoice.
If Garment Tracking Tag is used for certain items within the schedule, then add new item with Tracking Tag option. (e.g Shirt Laundry GT.)
Or you may modify the existing items and enable Tracking Tag option for all such tracking tag items.
- During check in process, issue quick ticket. If your operation is not used to Quick Ticket, issue invoice as before. Please see Postpone Tracking Tag section for additional information.
- Tag the garments that have not been tagged before in your tagging station.
- Update the quick ticket by scanning each garment. If this is the 1st time you are scanning this garment, the system would not allow you to scan it. Simply select the item from the menu, you will then get prompted to scan the tracking tag, select colors, and up-charges. TMS allows unlimited upcharges to be added for each Tracking Tag Garment, and unlimited colors, or patterns. Selected price, upcharge, colors is recorded by TMS.
- If garment was already tagged before, simply scan the barcode.
- When Tracking Tag is scanned, TMS will automatically recall the garment, price, color and upcharge that was registered the 1st time.
- Repeat this step for each garment. Please note manual override of the garment price would not be recalled. You have to use upcharges option for this purpose.
- When tracking tag is scanned, TMS searches database to make sure the tag was not assigned to somebody else, or status is not ‘IN’ for this customer.
- Tacking Tags are released after garments are checked out for next checkin process. Temp tags are released as soon as they are assembled. See Temp Tags section for more additional information.
- If your operation must issue detail ticket during the checkin process you may use Postpone Tracking Tag option. For additional information see Postpone Tracking Tag option.
Temp Tracking tags
Some sensitive or special materials might not be appropriate to Heat Seal as could damage the garment. For this reason, TMS allows certain range of Tracking Tags to be used as Temp Tags. Temp Tracking Tags are the same tags, except are reserved by TMS for this purpose. To do this, Heat Seal the Temp Tracking tags to a fabric, then during checking scan the temp tracking tags. Pin the temp tracking tag to the garment. Please note, TMS Prints T in front of Tag# on the invoice to indicate temp tracking tags.
Temporary Tracking tags are released as soon as they are gone through the Assembly process. Temporary Tags then can be used for any customer. Remove Temp Tags from the garment when assembly is done. CSI recommends the 1st set of tags to be used for Temporary Tracking Tags. (i.e 1 to 1000)
Please contact CSI to setup TMS Temporary Tracking tags feature.
For delicate fabrics we recommend using the special Platen on the heat seal machine or Temporary tracking tags to avoid any damage.
As garments are gone through the assembly process, TMS Trans List is updated to reflect the status of each garment. When garments are assembled, TMS invoice Line is updated, and ( R ) is displayed to show the garment is ready. Select Trans List from the bottom of Invoice Utility to view Trans detail of each garment that is gone through the assembly process.
If CSI Integrated Auto Assembly system is used with HMC, Iowa techniques etc, and Auto Assembly does not find the garment during assembly process, select Reprint Invoice -> Resend To Assembler.
This enforces the system to upload the interface data. This is not required with iAssemble program.
Postponed Tracking Tag Process
To use Auto Assembly properly, it is recommended to issue quick ticket during the checkin process and then update invoice during tagging. However, if your operation is used to issue detail ticket follow steps below to use Postponed Tracking Tag:
- In TMS, go to management -> system -> schedule -> tag and enable postpone tagging option.
- During checkin process, issue detail ticket as usual without any scanning. Enter as many garments as you wish in one ticket.
- Make sure to enable Split order feature in Auto Assembly.
- If you like to Split Dry cleaning and Laundry items, make sure to enable this feature in Auto Assembly -> management.
- Go to tagging station, tag the garments that are missing tracking tags.
- Select Ready function -> Tags
- Scan the ticket, and then scan each tracking tag in the same order that is shown on the screen.
- Repeat step 7 for each ticket.
- Press Finish when you are done.