Customer statement is a consolidated statement of every transaction of a customer posted to the ledger over a given period. Transactions aggregated from various sources like:
- Sales Invoices
- Payment In
- Financial Transactions
Statement report is used to create statement for charge customers, print/email statement and process online credit card for COF Monthly charge customers. Statement process can be grouped by Route Delivery, Company customers, COF customers.
Use the following options to make changes to statement by going to Management Function -> System options:
- TMS supports two statement formats. one that consists of two parts, Left side (Customer copy) and Right side (Return copy). As indicates on the statement customer may tear off the right hand side, mark the invoices being paid and return with payment. Statement paper with perforation can be purchased from any office supplies, or you may use regular blank paper.
- Or you may use wide statement format without customer's return copy and use regular paper. To change the format, in System option go to Invoice tab, check mark use wide format for statement.
- You may disable balance forward on statement, by setting this option in System options.
- To print any special notes on statement, select Greeting option on statement in System options.
- To print statement as invoice, set this option in System options.
- To use check out date when making statement, enable this feature in System Options.
To run statement follows steps below:
- Select Start/End date, then select the group of customers you like to run, (i.e Charge Customers, COF, By Run. Charge Customers)
- Press Create
- Check Mark the customer or Select All, and Press OK
- If you are doing Company customers, check mark ‘Exclude Company customers’ as you are making statement only for the company.
- Statement gets created; you may press Next to View the screen statement, Press Print to print the current statement, Press Print All to print all statements.
- If customers wish to get their statements emailed, just click on Email Me icon. Customers’ email is taken from the profile, and gets sent.
- If Statement is for selected COF customers, and you are set for Online Batch processing, select Batch processing Icon (Visa icon). This process might take few minutes depending on how many COF customers were selected. If any of the charges fail, you will be notified. To get a detailed list of the charges, please refer to Transaction report, credit card report. Processed payments get posted to the customer’s account. Rerun the statement for COF customers would reflect the charges.
Please note if customer has a credit note, Batch Processing does not deduct this, and process just outstanding balances from invoice. Such credit notes should be applied through Invoice Utility payment processing.
The following is a sample statement created for charge customer Smith from Nov 1 2008 till Nov 30 2008. Any balance prior to Nov 1 2008 is marked as Balance Forward. Any invoices with balance will show up on the right hand side of the statement. Any credit notes, or payments are reflected on the statement.
The bottom of Statement shows a summary of balance for 30, 60, 90 days. If you wish to charge customers late fee charges, go to Management -> System -> Tools -> Bank Charges.