Unable to save a card on file
Cleantie uses Clover's eCommerce API to save card-on-file. When the card is added, Cleantie utilizes Clover to verify, store, and manage this payment information securely. This verification is essential to ensure the security and accuracy of your payment information. Upon successful verification, the card is added and an email notification is sent to the customer.
Occasionally, the card may not get saved on the first attempt. To ensure that payment information is saved, view the customer's card on file to verify that the card has been saved successfully.
If the verification fails Cleantie will not save the card on file. The failure could be for various reasons such as an invalid card, invalid expiry date, incorrect CVV, or zip code.
If the card is already saved under a different customer's profile, Clover will not save the card on the new profile. A good example is when a wife and husband want to use the same card under different profiles. In that case, use a different card or remove the card from the other profile. The same card can't be shared between two different profiles.
Unable to process card on file
As soon as the card is added to Cleantie's customer profile, an email notification is sent to the customer by Clover. The customer may use the link to remove the card on file. If the card on file is removed, you may not be able to process the card through Cleantie POS, and a decline error message is shown.
In addition, this may result from various reasons, such as an expired card, insufficient funds, a stolen card, incorrect CVV, or other issues with the financial institution.
During the payment process, there is an option to charge the customer's card manually. You may be able to charge the customer's card manually although the card on file is declined. It's important to understand that the process for manually entering a card and using a card on file is entirely different. Depending on the card type, some cards may not be saved on file. We recommend contacting the customer to verify the information or get a different card.
To view the details of such error messages, log on to your Clover Dashboard, and go to reports.
Unable to communicate with Clover Device
Cleantie uses the Cloud Pay Display app to process trans on Clover Device. If there is a communication error, follow the steps below:
- Go to Cleantie POS -> Admin -> Credit card -> Credit Card gateway. Make sure your Clover device is listed.
- Go to Clover device, and exit Cleantie App to run Clover device as a standalone terminal. To do that touch and hold all four corners of the screen and pinch towards the center. enter your pin#, go to Clover Device dashboard
- Look for the Cloud Pay Display app, and touch the icon to restart the app.
- If that does not help, power cycle your device and try again.
- If there is still a communication issue, contact your Clover support team or check the following link to see Clover network status: https://isdown.app/integrations/clover
- You may run Clover as a standalone to process trans while the connection issue is fixed. Follow step 2 above to go to the Clover device dashboard. Select the Sale or Register application, and Enter the amount you wish to charge the customer. Select Charge. Select Done
- From the Cleantie Payment screen, select Check or Cash for the Payment method to apply the payment to the order. Please make note of this as this causes a discrepancy in your end-of-day report.
The card is processed on the Clover device, but payment is not applied in Cleantie
During transaction processing, a network issue may interrupt the connection between Cleantie and the Clover device. Depending on various factors, one of the following may occur:
- The request times out and the welcome screen appears.
- The transaction result is not returned to Cleantie
If the trans did not go through in Clover, you can repeat the original charge request from Cleantie payment screen. If the card was approved, but payment was not applied to the Cleantie invoice, select Check or Cash for the Payment method to apply the payment to the order. Please make note of this error as this causes a discrepancy in your end-of-day report.
How to issue a Credit Card Refund
When payment is made through Clover, the trans detail from Clover is saved in Cleantie. To issue a refund, the card is not required. Follow the steps to issue a refund:
- From Cleantie POS, go to Utility, enter invoice#,
- Select the Refund/Restock icon from the icon tray -> select Refund. Enter reason.
- Select Credit card -> select Clover, and submit payment.
- If you like to issue a partial refund, change the payment amount to be refunded.
- Upon successful refund, the authorization code is shown.
- To print the receipt, select the print icon, and print a store copy. Save it for audit purposes.
- The refund will be listed in the cash summary report as well as on the Clover report.
- In case you need to void the invoice, select Refund/Restock -> select void.
- Please note, that a paid invoice can not be voided, unless is refunded first.